Free Video Players for Playing All Formats: Here are 10 Recommendations
It is difficult to use QuickTime to play MKV or the latest AV1 video on your Mac. Is there a free video player for all formats on Windows and Mac? Does your video player probably not support those new video formats? And don't you think it is too troublesome to download different video players on your devices to play different formats of videos? So, this article will give you 10 free video players for all formats. Hope you can find your one-stop best video player after reading this article.
Guide ListPart 1: Top 10 Free Video Players for All Formats Part 2: FAQs about Free Video Player for All Formats
Part 1: Top 10 Free Video Players for All Formats
4Easysoft Blu-ray Player
The first video player for all formats is 4Easysoft Blu-ray Player. It is like an all-in-one solution for any media format, Blu-ray, DVD, and 4K videos. It has AI technologies to enhance the quality of video quality and brings you lossless audio and dramatic high-definition surround sound when you use this to play all video formats. Many video players like VLC say they can play all video formats, but actually, they cannot handle Blu-ray or DVD. And you can download this best Windows Media Player alternative to play all video formats for free on Mac and Windows.
Support Blu-ray/DVD discs and ISO filesin MP4, MOV, AVI, MKV, and more.
Get HEVC, AVC & XAVC-S Hi-Definition Video Playback and support Dolby Digital Surround, DTS, and Hi-Res Audio.
Support playing videos in 1080P, 2K, and even 4K UHD resolution without compressing the quality.
Create a recent playlist to keep all your recent playback history.
VLC Media Player
The VLC Media Player is a free video player for all formats. This tool can play most multimedia files as well as Audio CDs, VCDs, and DVDs. It can be used to view 360-degree videos up to 8K resolution. It is one of the best video players for Windows 10 that supports a wide range of video compression methods.
- Support MPEG-4, MPEG-2, MKV, WebM, and more.
- Offer a video filtration facility to operate on stream.
- Compatible with tablets, mobile phones, PC, etc.
- Do not support Blu-ray format.
Miro is a free video player for all formats developed by Participatory Culture Foundation. This player enables you to play video in HD quality. It can be used to play videos downloaded from some media platforms. And you can share media with others under the same Wi-Fi on Miro. It’s more like a media player for mac for it provides more functions on the Mac system.
- Play and organize clips effectively.
- Allow you to convert one video format to another.
- Support more features on the Mac version.
GOM Media Player
GOM Media Player is a free video player for all formats that supports numerous file formats, including MKV, MPG, FLV, AVI, and many other file formats. It is one of the best video players for Windows that helps to view 360 video views (a type of video recording where every direction is recorded using cameras).
- Enable the user to import an entire video playlist with no hassle.
- Support the screencast so that you can connect your PC to the projector.
- Provide Windows operating system only.
DivX video player is a free video player for all formats to play varieties of videos like AVI, MP4, DivX, and MKV. It is one of the best media players for Windows 10 which enables you to play UltraHD 4K resolution video. Users can use this tool to stream videos on DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance).
- Keep track of all videos in a media library.
- Create a playlist and loop your playlist.
- Offer free HEVC (High-Efficiency Video Coding) playback.
- Support only Windows operating system.
MediaMonkey is another free video player for all formats that helps users to organize their videos. This tool provides to enhance video support and playback facility. You can extend the functionality by using plugins. And the biggest advantage of this media player app is that you can record and download movies and podcasts via this player.
- Look for the album name and other metadata automatically.
- Synchronize video on Android, iPod, iPhone, and iPad.
- Play videos from CDs, hard drives, or networks.
- Support Windows, iOS, Android but Mac.
MKV is a free video player for all formats, especially for MKV videos. It is a free and open-source application released under GNU (General Public License), which enables you to watch videos smoothly. And this powerful media player can slow down and speed up videos when playing.
- Require minimal system resources.
- Bundle extra software.
MPC-HC is a lightweight, open-source video player for all formats. This tool supports all common video file formats that are available for playback. It does not contain any spyware, toolbar, or advertisement. It supports many formats like WMA, FLV to MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG3, MPEG-4, and DivX.
- Watch movies on any SSE2 (Streaming SIMD Extensions).
- Use it as a DVB (Digital Video Broadcasting) player.
- Have an old interface.
Nvidia 3D Vision Video Player
Nvidia 3D Vision Video Player is a program designed as a free video player for all formats. This 3D media player supports various 3D clips using DirectX Video Acceleration (DXVA2). You can use this app to play MPG, m2TS, MTS, MP4, and files. It is one of the best media players for Windows PC that enables the user to convert MTS to MP4 and play live playback from a camcorder, TV card, etc.
- Support WMDS (Windows Media Dual Stream) files.
- Import and export stereoscopic metafiles.
- Support GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) acceleration of 3D video.
- Playback of other formats supported by DirectShow (multimedia framework).
- Have too many professional features which will confuse users.
- Require the quality of Graphics.
SMPlayer is a free video player for all formats. This software can remember the settings you have made. It enables users to stream videos from some video platforms in resolution from 240p to Full HD. Just like you stream video on the website platforms, you can also change the speed of the video on SMPlayer.
- Have a built-in codec that encodes or decodes a digital stream.
- Available in many languages, including English, German, Italian, Chinese, etc.
- Pop up Ads windows when playing videos.
Part 2: FAQs about Free Video Player for All Formats
Can use these free video player apps to cast video on TV?
Yes, you can do it with some software. Like the VLC media player, all you need is to make sure your device and your TV are connected with the same Wi-Fi. And then you can screencast your video on TV.
Can all free video player apps play Blu-ray?
Not at all. Some players just cannot play Blu-ray, and some players like VLC need to change region code and then start playing Blu-ray. So, if you are seeking a video player for all formats including Blu-ray you should try 4Easysoft Blu-ray Player.
What to do when audio and video are out of sync?
For example, if you use 4Easysoft Blu-ray Player, you can choose an audio track or channel in the Audio menu to make your audio and video sync.
After reading this article, you must see many free video players for all formats. The most common player is VLC which cannot play Blu-ray discs, and the most powerful is Nvidia which has too many unnecessary features that will confuse users. And the real one that could play all formats including Blu-ray and have powerful features is 4Easysoft Blu-ray Player. Go to download this video player app to play all kinds of videos.